Salary: $14.00 /hour
Please note that resumes without a cover letter introducing yourself and why you think you’re a great fit for TaxButler will be ignored. We review each application thoughtfully and want to ensure that you put some work into your application as well!
Sales Tax Intern - 15+ hours per week
TaxButler is looking for a Sales Tax Intern to help our clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. This is a great opportunity for an accounting student to get their feet wet in the industry and make an impact at a growing start-up. You’ll work closely with the Filing Manager and Client Onboarding Manager to submit sales tax permits, follow-up with states, and help with internal recordkeeping. You have strong attention-to-detail skills, are self-motivated, willing to learn new things, and take ownershp and pride over your work. The ideal candidate is comfortable with learning and using new technology and has some bookkeeping or accounting experience.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll submit sales tax permits on behalf of our clients ensuring that paperwork is submitted accurately and on-time
- You’ll assist the Onboarding manager with ensuring that our clients are collecting the right amount of tax each month so they are not over or under collecting
- You will provide assistance with special sales tax projects including submitting amended returns and closing out state accounts
- You will provide assistance with reviewing and submit sales tax filings during high-volume periods (ex. quarter end).
- You will help us build out certain internal documentation so that everyone on the team can be more efficient.
- You’ll provide occasional assistance to the CEO on special projects
What we’re looking for
- You are a Junior or Senior studying accounting, bookkeeping, finance, business administration, information systems, information technology, or a related field.
- You have awesome attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- You are a self-starter who isn’t afraid to learn new skills on the job.
- You are constantly growing as a person, and fit our core values (see below).
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving environment and aren’t afraid of deadlines.
- You have a passion for excellence in everything you do.
- You have a stellar reputation and can pass a background check with multiple character references.
- You can work at least 15 hours per week with a consistent schedule.
- You have a passion for helping people improve their way of life - whether that be personally, professionally, or elsewhere
What’s the deal with core values?
TaxButler is a core values driven company, and we use them extensively to make all kinds of decisions - hiring included. The candidate we hire will share our commitment to these values:
- Feel It:We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and each other.
- Shape It:We enjoy being the masters of our own destiny and creating something awesome.
- Own It:We take personal responsibility for the outcome—good or bad. We don’t pass the buck.
- Scale It:We’re constantly searching for ways to improve by 10x.
- Bring Your Best Self:We are constantly seeking ways to grow personally and be better each day.
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are a lot of other reasons to love working with TaxButler including:
- An awesome team that is great to work with
- A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to grow your career with the company
What We Do
We do whatever it takes to eliminate the hassle of sales tax for our clients.This typically involves helping clients understand where they have sales tax obligations, getting sales tax permits, managing transaction data, and handling ongoing filings. We’re also there for them if they ever have sales tax related questions.
We primarily serve online retailers based in the United States, but we are actively working on branching out into other markets. The sky is the limit!
Why We Do It
Authentic empathy for our clients’ problems is built into everything we do.You know that feeling you get when it’s time to file your taxes with the IRS each year? Imagine feeling that, every month, with tens of thousands of dollars at stake. We’re eliminating that feeling and creating lasting positive relationships with our clients, partners, and each other.
We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point?