Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Please note that resumes without a cover letter introducing yourself and why you think you’re a great fit for TaxButler will be ignored. We review each application thoughtfully and want to ensure that you put some work into your application as well!
Sales Tax Accountant
TaxButler is looking for a Sales Tax Accountant to help our clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. As a team member of a growing start-up, you’ll work closely with the Filing Manager and Client Onboarding Manager to ensure that sales tax filings are submitted accurately and on-time, every time. Reporting to the Founder and Filing Manager, you will use your keen eye for attention-to-detail to submit sales tax returns, onboard new clients, solve time-critical problems, and continue to help us build internal documentation. You are a self-starter, willing to learn-on-the-job, inquisitive, and take ownership and pride over your work. The ideal candidate has experience working remotely, not afraid to learn new technology, and has some sales tax experience.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll prepare and submit sales tax returns for clients, ensuring they are submitted accurately and on-time, every time
- You will provide assistance with complex sales tax issues including resolving audits, submitting late filings, and researching product taxability issues
- You will monitor clients’ sales tax collection settings each month to ensure they are not over or under collecting tax, and work with the team to fix any collection issues
- You will help build out our standard operating procedures and internal documentation for filings, permits, research, and more
- You’ll leverage your expertise in accounting and sales tax to answer questions from team members and clients
What we’re looking for
- You have awesome attention to detail and interpersonal skills, and are comfortable working one-on-one with clients.
- You are a self-starter who isn’t afraid to learn new skills on the job.
- You are constantly growing as a person, and fit our core values (see below).
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving environment and aren’t afraid of deadlines, or uncertainty.
- You have a passion for excellence in everything you do.
- You have a stellar reputation and can pass a background check with multiple character references.
- You have experience working remotely … this one is important!
- You have a passion for helping people improve their way of life - whether that be personally, professionally, or elsewhere
What’s the deal with core values?
TaxButler is a core values driven company, and we use them extensively to make all kinds of decisions - hiring included. The candidate we hire will share our commitment to these values:
- Feel It:We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and each other.
- Shape It:We enjoy being the masters of our own destiny and creating something awesome.
- Own It:We take personal responsibility for the outcome—good or bad. We don’t pass the buck.
- Scale It:We’re constantly searching for ways to improve by 10x.
- Bring Your Best Self:We are constantly seeking ways to grow personally and be better each day.
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are a lot of other reasons to love working with TaxButler including:
- Company-sponsored health, vision, and dental insurance
- An awesome team that is great to work with
- A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to grow your career with the company
- Base pay + compensation for work done, which means you’ll be compensated fairly based on your productivity
- Diversity? We love it. TaxButler is an an all-inclusive LGBTQIA friendly workplace … bring your full and best self to work!
What We Do
We do whatever it takes to eliminate the hassle of sales tax for our clients.This typically involves helping clients understand where they have sales tax obligations, getting sales tax permits, managing transaction data, and handling ongoing filings. We’re also there for them if they ever have sales tax related questions.
We primarily serve online retailers based in the United States, but we are actively working on branching out into other markets. The sky is the limit!
Why We Do It
Authentic empathy for our clients’ problems is built into everything we do.You know that feeling you get when it’s time to file your taxes with the IRS each year? Imagine feeling that, every month, with tens of thousands of dollars at stake. We’re eliminating that feeling and creating lasting positive relationships with our clients, partners, and each other.
We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point?
Our Hiring Process
We care a heck of a lot about our team members, so the hiring process might be a bit more involved than what you’re used to. Here’s what you can expect:
- A short telephone interview where we’ll get a better understanding of your skills and experience
- An online assessment which tests attention to detail, problem solving abilities, and other skills
- A longer telephone interview where where we’ll get a sense of what you’ve accomplished in your current role
- A thorough background and reference check
- If all goes according to plan, we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse